Home Assist’s Licensed Speech-Language Pathologists evaluate and diagnose speech, language, swallowing, or cognitive and memory disorders. Speech therapy can be used to treat individuals recovering from a stroke, brain injury, Alzheimer’s, or an illness that affects the muscles that control swallowing. Our highly experienced Speech Therapists work with your physician to develop an individualized plan of care to meet your specific needs.
How can Speech Therapy help you?
- Strengthen the muscles of your mouth, neck, and face to avoid problems like choking or coughing
- Develop a personalized swallowing program
- Instruct on voice retraining
- Develop non-verbal communication skills
- Strategies to reduce frustration when communication is difficult
- Develop ways to process and understand what people say
- Improving the ability to form words and sounds
- Relearning how to read, write and perform calculations
- Strategies to improve memory
Qualifying for In Home Speech Therapy
Do you experience any of the following? If you answer yes, you may be a candidate for speech therapy. These services are covered by insurance and can help you become more independent and improve your quality of life.
- Slurred speech
- A sudden change in voice quality (too soft / weak)
- Inability to speak
- Coughing when eating or drinking
- Trouble swallowing
- Difficulty expressing basic needs
- Trouble following directions
- Difficulty with problem solving or memory